Hey, all!submitted by Changehero_io to CryptoCurrencies [link] [comments]
The sole purpose of this post is to give an outline of the things happening in crypto during the outbreak of Corona. The article is meant to share information and doesn't support any coin and is not meant to instigate FUD in the community.
Please comment your thoughts below and it helps us in delivering better content.
Thanks in advance.
The Convoluted Story of Crypto and CoronavirusThe recent Coronavirus outbreak in China has brought businesses to a standstill. It cost hundreds of lives and sent shockwaves to the entire world. On the other hand, the cryptocurrency market witnessed huge gains in early February and took a nose-dive in the last week. These series of events does bug everybody if the epidemic is impacting crypto. In this short post, ChangeHero will reveal what is happening to crypto amid this epidemic.
According to the World Health Organization Coronovirus disease (COVID-19), was first reported in Wuhan, China on 31 December 2019. A Bloomberg report suggests that there are 82,302 confirmed cases and 2,802 deaths worldwide, but China has been the most affected. In measures to contain the spread, the Chinese government has locked down cities and restricted the free movement of people which made the factories and businesses to shut the doors. The steep in the factory output has taken a toll on the Chinese economy and also threatened the global economy. Industries such as manufacturing, oil and gas, tourism and supply chain suffered the most. In the same vein, crypto is also not immune to this virus.
China has a history of crackdowns on cryptocurrencies and exchanges. On the contrary, they are spearheading the blockchain adoption race and working towards digital currency, quickly go through this article for more info about China and cryptocurrencies. Moreover, the top five mining companies — AntPool, BTC.com, BTC.top, F2 Pool and ViaBTC are based in China. These firms control almost 60% of the hash power in the Bitcoin network. Mining farms are the first to be affected by the outbreak and a few representatives of these firms expressed their concerns on Social Media. Many stated that the government has cut off the electricity, supplies and also drove away workers from mining facilities. It reflected in the difficulty of bitcoin mining, a measure which indicates the effort required to solve the math in finding the block. This measure is adjusted once every two weeks and in the last difficulty correction, the measure rose only by 0.52% which is significantly lesser than the previous corrections of 4.67 and 7.08.
Mining may soon turn out to be a not so profitable activity, credits to the Bitcoin Halving. Bitcoin will undergo its third halving event somewhere around May and the block reward will be slashed to 6.25 BTC. It leads to tougher and unfavourable economic conditions. To boost their chances of surviving, miners are gearing up with advanced machines. Yet again, China is one of the largest suppliers of the mining equipment. Coronavirus outbreak has also locked up the doors of the factories and the companies have postponed the deliveries. Although there is a significant impact on the crypto mining industry in China, Bitcoin hash rate has seen a negligible change.
To restrain the spread of the virus, the Chinese government has halted the distribution of Yuan worth almost a Billion Dollars. Meanwhile, the S&P 500 Index and other traditional markets have also recorded their worst performances due to the epidemic. Crypto community was quick to react and hinted that digital currency can fix this. Big names in the crypto sphere like Binance and Tron have also pledged support to the coronavirus victims. Moreover, the epidemic has spread a sense of terror amongst the community and led to the cancellation and postponing of the conferences and public events.
Amidst the crisis, CoronaCoin, an ERC-20 token was launched with the ticker NCOV. Though the website states that the token is meant for charity, it’s approach has shocked the crypto community. The cryptocurrency has a total supply equal to the world’s population and the tokens will be burnt every 48 hours, proportionate to the number of casualties. The concept of investors benefitting with the spread of the virus poses serious moral questions on this project.
Impact on the crypto
Bitcoin kickstarted the new decade with a massive bull run and crossed the ten thousand dollar mark in early February. Many have contributed this to the upcoming halving and some connected it to the coronavirus outbreak. Things didn’t fare well long for crypto and the whole market crashed and lost a whopping 50 Billion Dollars in the last week of February. The epidemic has indeed affected the people and processes behind the crypto industry but it is still unclear if there is a correlation between the coronavirus and the crypto market prices. Nevertheless, the notion of Bitcoin as a safe haven during the crisis still exists but hasn’t been proven yet, at least for now. We hope the crisis will end soon and peace be restored. Until then, all our strength to the effected, families and businesses around.
Upvote if you have liked the article and comment to spark a discussion. Follow ChangeHero for more of such articles and updates in crypto.
The article was originally published on our Medium profile and reposting it here for more reach. Thanks for understanding.
By Taylor Margot. Everyone should read this!
SUMOkoin is a fork of MONERO (XMR). XMR is a fork of Bytecoin. In my opinion, XMR is hands down the most undervalued coin in the top 15. Its hurdle is that people do not know how to price in privacy to the price of a coin yet. Once people figure out how to accurately assess the value privacy into the value of a coin, XMR, along with other privacy coins like SUMOkoin, will go parabolic.
Let’s be clear about something. I am not here to argue SUMOkoin is superior to XMR. That’s not what this article is about and frankly is missing the point. I don’t find the SUMOkoin vs. XMR debate interesting. From where I stand, investing in SUMOkoin has nothing to do with SUMOkoin overtaking XMR or who has superior tech. If anything, I think the merits of XMR underline the value of SUMOkoin. What I do find interesting is return on investment (“ROI”).
Imagine SUMO was an upcoming ICO. But you knew ahead of time that they had a proven product-market fit and an awesome, blue chip code base. That’s basically what you have in SUMO. Most good ICOs raise over 20mil (meaning their starting market cap is $20 mil) but after that, it’s a crapshoot. Investing in SUMO is akin to getting ICO prices but with the amount of information associated with more established coins.
Let me make one more thing clear. Investing is all about information. Specifically it’s about the information imbalance between current value and the quality of your information. SUMO is highly imbalanced.
The fact of the matter is that if you are interested in getting the vision and product/market fit of a $6 billion market cap coin for $20 mil, you should keep reading.
If you are interested in arguing about XMR vs. SUMOkoin, I point you to this infographic
I’m a corporate tech & IP lawyer in Silicon Valley. My practice focuses on venture capital (“VC)”) and mergers & acquisitions (“M&A”). Recently I have begun doing more IP strategy. Basically I spend all day every day reviewing cap tables, stock purchase agreements, merger agreements and patent portfolios. I’m also the CEO of a startup (Scry Chat) and have a team of three full-time engineers.
I started using BTC in 2014 in conjunction with Silk Road and TOR. I recently had a minor conniption when I discovered how much BTC I handled in 2014. My 2017 has been good with IOTA at sub $0.30, POWR at $0.12, ENJIN at $0.02, REQ at $0.05, ENIGMA at $0.50, ITC (IoT Chain) and SUMO.
My crypto investing philosophy is based on betting long odds. In the words of Warren Buffet, consolidate to get rich, diversify to stay rich. Or as I like to say, nobody ever got rich diversifying.
That being said I STRONGLY recommend you have an IRA and/or 401(k) in place prior to venturing into crypto. But when it comes to crypto, I’d rather strike out dozens of times to have a chance at hitting a 100x home run. This approach is probably born out of working with VCs in Silicon Valley who do the same only with companies, not coins. I view myself as an aggressive VC in the cryptosphere.
The Number 1 thing I’ve taken away from venture law is that it pays to get in EARLY.
Did you know that the typical founder buys their shares for $0.00001 per share? So if a founder owns 5 million shares, they bought those shares for $50 total. The typical IPO goes out the door at $10-20 per share. My iPhone calculator says ERROR when it tries to divide $10/0.00001 because it runs out of screen real estate.
At the time of this writing, SUMO has a Marketcap of $18 million. That is 3/10,000th or 1/3333th. Let that sink in for a minute. BCH is a fork of BTC and it has the fourth largest market cap of all cryptos. Given it’s market cap, I am positive SUMO is the best value proposition in the Privacy Coin arena at the time of this writing. *
ROI MERITS OF SUMOkoin
So what’s so good about SUMOkoin? Didn’t you say it was just a Monero knock-off?
1) Well, sort of. SUMO is based on CryptoNote and was conceived from a fork of Monero, with a little bit of extra privacy thrown in. It would not be wrong to think SUMO is to Litecoin as XMR is to Bitcoin.
2) Increased Privacy. Which brings us to point 2. SUMO is doing several things to increase privacy (see below). If Monero is the King of Privacy Coins, then SUMO is the Standard Bearer fighting on the front lines. Note: Monero does many of these too (though at the time of fork XMR could not). Don’t forget Monero is also 5.8 billion market cap to SUMO’s 18 million.
a) RingCT. All transactions since genesis are RingCT (ring confidential transactions) and the minimum “mixin” transactions is 13 (12 plus the original transaction). This passes the threshold to statistically resist blockchain attacks. No transactions made on the SUMO blockchain can ever be traced to the actual participants. Nifty huh? Monero (3+1 mixins) is considering a community-wide fork to increase their minimum transactions to 6, 9, or 12. Not a bad market signal if you’re SUMOkoin eh?
b) Sub-addresses. The wallet deploys disposable sub-addresses to conceal your real sumo wallet address even from senders (who typically would need to know your actual address to send currency). Monero also does this.
3) Fungibility aka “Digital Cash” aka Broad Use Case. “Fungibility” gets thrown about a bunch but basically it means ‘how close is this coin to cash in terms of usage?’ SUMO is one of a few cryptos that can boast true fungibility — it acts just like physical cash i.e. other people can never trace where the money came from or how many coins were transferred. MONERO will never be able to boast this because it did not start as fungible.
4) Mining Made Easy Mode. Seeing as SUMO was a fork, and not an ICO, they didn’t have to rewrite the wheel. Instead they focused on product by putting together solid fundamentals like a great wallet and a dedicated mining app. Basically anyone can mine with the most intuitive GUI mining app out there. Google “Sumo Easy Miner” – run and mine.
5) Intuitive and Secure Wallet. This shouldn’t come as a surprise, yet in this day and age, apparently it is not a prereq. They have a GUI wallet plus those unlimited sub-addresses I mentioned above. Here’s the github if you’d like to review: https://github.com/sumoprojects/SumoGUIWallet The wallet really is one of the best I have seen (ENJIN’s will be better). Clear, intuitive, idiot proof (as possible).
6) Decentralization. SUMO is botnet-proof, and therefore botnet mining resistant. When a botnet joins a mining pool, it adjusts the mining difficulty, thereby balancing the difficulty level of mining.
7) Coin Emission Scheme. SUMO’s block reward changes every 6-months as the following “Camel” distribution schema (inspired by real-world mining production like of crude oil, coal, etc. that is often slow at first, then accelerated in before decline and depletion). MONERO lacks this schema and it is significant. Camel ensures that Sumokoin won’t be a short-lived phenomena. Specifically, since Sumo is proof-of-work, not all SUMO can be mined. If it were all mined, miners would no longer be properly incentivized to contribute to the network (unless transaction fees were raised, which is how Bitcoin plans on handling when all 21 million coins have been mined, which will go poorly given that people already complain about fees). A good emission scheme is vital to viability. Compare Camel and Monero’s scheme if you must: https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/blob/mastescripts/sumokoin_camel_emission_cal.cpp vs. https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/242/how-was-the-monero-emission-curve-chosen/247.
8) Dev Team // Locked Coins // Future Development Funds. There are lots of things that make this coin a ‘go.’ but perhaps the most overlooked in crypto is that the devs have delivered ahead of schedule. If you’re an engineer or have managed CS projects, you know how difficult hitting projected deadlines can be. These guys update github very frequently and there is a high degree of visibility. The devs have also time-locked their pre-mine in a publicly view-able wallet for years so they aren’t bailing out with a pump and dump. The dev team is based in Japan.
9) Broad Appeal. If marketed properly, SUMO has the ability to appeal to older individuals venturing into crypto due to the fungibility / similarities to cash. This is not different than XMR, and I expect it will be exploited in 2018 by all privacy coins. It could breed familiarity with new money, and new money is the future of crypto.
10) Absent from Major Exchanges. Thank god. ALL of my best investments have happened off Binance, Bittrex, Polo, GDAX, etc. Why? Because by the time a coin hits a major exchange you’re already too late. Your TOI is fucked. You’re no longer a savant. SUMO is on Cryptopia, the best jenky exchange.
11) Marketing. Which brings me to my final point – and it happens to be a weakness. SUMO has not focused on marketing. They’ve instead gathered together tech speaks for itself (or rather doesn’t). So what SUMO needs a community effort to distribute facts about SUMO’s value prop to the masses. A good example i...
Flare Mining. Oil prices are continuing to climb, and regulators are once again beginning to weigh the true cost of flaring as rig counts rise and the shale boom kicks into overdrive. The bottlenecks are inevitable, and if regulators do begin to crack down on natural gas flaring, oil production in Texas could slow drastically. For drillers, there’s a clear and present risk in investing in ... Calculate how much it costs a mining rig to create bitcoin or other altcoins with our updated miner profit estimation tool - more info in Poolin mining pool blog (link) comments appreciated. In advance of her “Crypto Across Emerging Markets” panel at Consensus: Distributed on May 11, Leigh Cuen is writing a three-part column on how cryptocurrencies are used in the developing world. The first installment explored bitcoin adoption in the Middle East.. The future of money will be defined by African markets, where cryptocurrency awareness and usage surged dramatically over the ... West Texas Intermediate crude hit $140 per barrel in June 2008 when it was believed that oil exploration had peaked. However the U.S. fracking trade modified the sport, permitting crude to be extracted from areas that had been beforehand unattainable. World oil costs collapsed in 2014 as U.S. manufacturing ramped up, and right now WTI is buying and selling slightly below $30 per barrel, about ... Coolest Bitcoin Mining Miner – Liquid Cooled Experiment. By Z24Crypto Posted in Videos. Posted on July 14, 2019. Share this... Facebook. Twitter. Linkedin . This is an experiment using an AntMiner S9 in a fishtank! Please know that this is an experiment and is solely for learning and experimentation purposes. The viability of bitcoin mining comes from efficiency. This experiment is NOT the ... Take any person living in a typical African mining community and ask whether he or she knows what happens to the minerals taken from their soil and you would be lucky to get an informed answer. The opacity of the processes involved from the extraction point to when the precious minerals and the payments change hands provides the perfect cover for those who game the system at all levels. In ... Bitcoin; Crypto-News ; home Videos DIY ... Intro to Crypto Mining Rig immersed in Silicon Oil INTRO. DIY: Intro to Crypto Mining Rig immersed in Silicon Oil INTRO. By Z24Crypto Posted in Videos. Posted on September 1, 2019. Share this... Facebook. Twitter. Linkedin. Some use mineral oil, but I’d decided to you Silicon Fluid that’s used in electrical transformers. In this video I show you ... CoinShares – a crypto investment product and research company – has made a conservative estimate in its semi-annual report published on 5 June 2019, that renewable energy is used to power 74.1% of the global Bitcoin mining. This report also highlighted that the mining operations of the Bitcoin are conducted in areas with high sources of renewable energy. Put this way, Bitcoin mining may be a vast improvement on the aggregate efficiency of traditional resources like oil, coal, gas and its real-world competitor, gold, which makes up only three parts ... r/BitcoinMining: The official bitcoin mining forum / subreddit / chat room / place to be! Press J to jump to the feed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts . log in sign up. User account menu • Binance to Launch Bitcoin Mining Pool TheCryptoAssociate. Close • Posted by 3 minutes ago. Binance to Launch Bitcoin Mining Pool TheCryptoAssociate. thecryptoassociate ...
[index]          
Antminer S9 mining , yağ ile soğutma sistem kurulumu. Hava soğutmalı sistemlere göre daha stabil ısı sağlar. Kanal karmaşasını ortadan kaldırır. Siztem kurul... Sign Up BTCOnline https://btconline.io/1254925 Sign Up BTCPool https://btcpool.io/254890 HYIP Advertisement http://doctorhyip.net Youtube Business Inquiries ... Amazon Affiliate Link - (If You Buy Something On Amazon, I Get A Small Commission As A Way To Support The Channel) - (There is NO extra cost for you) https://amzn.to/39MXp4q Computer I Use To ... Here is an update on the noiseless immersion cooling setup with mineral oil to cool your Bitmain antminer s9, GMO B2 or B3 miner, Halong mining Dragonint T1 ... This is an experiment using an AntMiner S9 in a fishtank! Please know that this is an experiment and is solely for learning and experimentation purposes. The... Take a look at my bitcoin experiment. Here is a mineral oil cooled antminer s9 experiment. We are using a radiator to liquid cool this antminer s9 while its ... David Pence of Whatsminer MicroBT describes "immersion mining" using dielectric fluid. The fluid is circulated through heat exchangers that are cooled by out... *update: I've started trading crypto on Binance(http://bit.ly/BiNANCE) and it's amazing! It's opened up a whole new world. Two weeks ago I deposited $1k and ...